There are a number of things you can look for when booking serviced accommodation. Based on your requirements, look out for:
- The number of people allowed to stay in a particular property.
- The location of the property and what’s in their vicinity, i.e. distance to train station or place of work, nearby restaurants, cafes, shopping malls or tourist attractions.
- Facilities included in the price per night, examples are free Wifi, TV packages, parking, towels and linens, cleaner, bathroom and kitchen supplies provided.
- If the host is a professional serviced accommodation provider. This ensures a standard of service provided – including number of properties in a given location – facilities and amenities offered and facility of paying online with a card or bank transfer. This also ensures your booking is guaranteed and protects you from fraudulent activities.
- Previous guest reviews which can be found on their website, google reviews or reviews found on the different online portals they’re on, like Airbnb. Airbnb also have a special feature where, based on the host performance, they approve a host into a Superhost category. A lot of guests prefer to book in Airbnb due to the Superhost category to ensure excellent service during their stay.
However, don’t forget that it costs more to book through such portals than booking directly as there is an amount that needs to be paid as service charge.
So, if you are looking for serviced accommodation, keep this list in mind!
Leave a Reply